Saturday, February 16, 2013

One of my goals with this blog is to find handicapped accessible entertainment options for people in the disabled communtiy. Especially those like me in a wheelchair. Last week I went to Wild Country in Collinsville, Illinois, for my first visit ever.

Now I didn't do a whole tour of the place. Was at my friend Shannon's for a get-together and from there we went to visit our friend Charles at Wild Country. Now Charles is not only a friend, but was my personal trainer until he moved to Belleville over the fall/winter. When it warms up hope to be able to let him push me until I drop again.

First there is a separate entrance for wheelchairs. The doorman came over and checked our ID's, took money for the door fee, and gave us wrist bands before we could enter the door. We came in at one of the bars so it was a little crowded, but everyone was nice and made room to get through. When we saw Charles he was in a section that was up about 3 steps and he just tilted my wheelchair back and delivered me up to his table. It overlooked the dance floor and there was energy that just took over. I loved being part of the crowd. Now I could see tables on the lower, but they were the high tables. Didn't get to check out the bathrooms.

There were 2 areas wheelchairs won't be able to visit. The foosball and darts are upstairs on the left side of the stage and the food area with more things to do is on the right side. Pool tables are on the lower level.

Guess this means I get to go back again and do a much better job on recon. Until next time hope you all have a great day and please keep exploring the world. It's ours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment